It is imperative for all of us here at Celtic Wind to educate the masses on all things hemp related. So, if you’re getting started on your hemp journey, want to learn more about the plant, or confused and navigating your way through the waters of hemp jargon, our expert hemp team are here to answer some popular questions about the plant.
Keep reading, you might find the answer to your question below!
Is hemp legal in Ireland?
In short, yes. It is completely legal to grow and cultivate hemp in Ireland under license from the Department of Health facilitated by the Health Products Regulatory Authority - certain varieties of hemp can be grown in Ireland. Only crops containing 0.2% or less of THC and EU-certified seeds are permitted.
Hemp oil colour?
Hemp oil is obtained through the pressing of hemp seeds. Cold-pressed, unrefined and unaltered hemp oil is typically a dark green but holds a lighter green when in light with a nutty aftertaste. Refined hemp oil is typically colourless, odourless, and tasteless. It is primarily used in beauty products.
Is hemp sticky?
Hemp that is sticky still contains a good deal of resin in its trichomes. It is the resin that give hemp flower their sticky, adhesive-like feel.
How expensive is hemp?
The price of hemp and hemp by-products can vary greatly depending on what steps were undergone before planting, during planting, and after harvesting. All factors considered; it compels customers to pay high prices for hemp products. This is unfortunate, but every time you invest in hemp products, you are contributing to a sector that has a high potential for social well-being.
Here at Celtic Wind, we pride ourselves in supplying top-quality, multi-complex CBD products to patrons at an affordable price. Click here to see our range of hemp products.
How long does opened hemp oil last?
Celtic Wind’s hemp CBD oil has a shelf life of two years from production, depending on how the product is stored. Direct sunlight and warmth are two factors that can cause hemp oil to go bad before its expiration date. Once opened we recommend the product to be used within 6 months.
It is best to keep the hemp oil stored in a dark, cool place that is out of direct sunlight. This way you will get more life out of your product. At Celtic Wind, we use Miron glass bottles. Miron glass is a biophotonic glass packaging that protects natural products from harmful UV rays. The use of this glass helps protect the product.
We hope this helped you answer a few of your hemp related questions. In short, here are the questions wrapped up:
- Is hemp legal in Ireland? Yes, hemp is legal in Ireland under certain circumstances. The plant continues to be regulated.
- What colour is hemp oil? Hemp takes on a darkish green colour that is lighter when held in a light source.
- Is hemp sticky? Yes, hemp is sticky due to the cannabinoids on the plant leaving a resinous, adhesive like substance.
- How expensive is hemp? The price of hemp varies on the input of resources that it relies on to grow. Celtic Wind offers competitive prices for hemp CBD products - click here to check them out.
- How long does opened hemp CBD oil last? Celtic Wind’s hemp CBD oil has a shelf life of 2 years from production. Once opened we recommend you use the product within 6 months. Always store in a cool, dark place.