The perfect side dish mixed with veggies and fruits in one bowl. Ready in 20 mins. Easy to make and brightens up any meal.
Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people as a side
- ¼ white cabbage head (¼ = around 200g)
- 1 carrot
- 1 pear
- 1 bell pepper, red
- 1 spring onions
- 1 good handful walnuts
- 1 small handful raisins
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (You could also take agave or honey for non vegans)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar (apple cider or balsamic, both work)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 pipettes of Celtic Wind’s CBD oil (please do not exceed the recommended dosage)
- If you get a whole cabbage, cut it into quarters and grab one for the salad. Do whatever you want with the rest.
- Grate the cabbage.
- Grate the pear. You can grate the whole pear as is, no un-stoning necessary.
- Grate the carrot.
- Dice up the bell pepperand chop the spring onion.
- Throw everything into a bowl, add the walnutsand raisins.
- Get a small bowl, add the mustard, maple syrup, olive oil, vinegar, and CBD Oil. Give it a good whisk and taste test. If you like it mix it with the salad.
- Add some salt, pepperand perhaps a little more vinegar - adjust to your taste.
- Congratulations, the salad is ready!
*Why not shred the cabbage with a knife? Yep, it works, but just not as well: the water inside the cabbage doesn’t get released properly and leaves the salad quite dry.
Instead, if you grate the cabbage it becomes very moist and its flavour mixes much better with the rest of the salad.
Tried the recipe? We're all curious! Send us a pic via Instagram or Facebook by using the tag #cookwithcelticwind