Not everyone is a fan of Christmas pudding so instead, we’ve put together this easy and quintessential recipe with a twist for a joyful Christmas dessert.
- 160g sponge cake (trifle sponges), halved and pre-cut into thick slices
- 135g gelatin (jello)
- 300g frozen strawberries (or raspberries)
- 500ml thick custard (use vegan alternative if you prefer)
- 3 tbsp sweet sherry (fruit juice for a non-alcoholic version)
- 500ml whipped cream (use dairy-free alternatives if you prefer)
- 4 full pipettes of 1500mg Celtic Wind’s CBD Oil (please do not exceed the recommended dosage)
- Add the pieces of sponge cake into a trifle bowl, coat with the sherry (or fruit juice) and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Lay fruit evenly over the sponge.
- Place the gelatin into a microwaveable jug and cover with 100ml of cold water. Microwave for 1 min (750 watts), stir well and add 470ml of cold water into the pitcher.
- Pour the jug into the trifle bowl, covering the fruit and refrigerate until set.
- In a separate bowl or container, mix the oil into the custard & then add and spread this on top of the set trifle mixtures.
- Add a thick layer of whipped cream.
- Decorate with chopped fruit and enjoy!
For more delightful CBD infused Christmas recipes, please visit Nature and Bloom