A quick, sweet and tangy, easy cranberry sauce infused with CBD.
Works with fresh or frozen cranberries!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries rinsed and drained (3.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- zest of ½ naval orange
- juice of ½ naval orange (2 to 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pear peeled, cored and diced
- 4 full pipettes of Celtic Wind's CBD Oil
Add all ingredients, except the pear, to a 2 quart sauce pot and simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally so the sauce doesn't stick, until cranberries start to burst and the mixture gets saucy, about 15 minutes.
Add the diced pear and continue to cook about 5 minutes more.
Let cool before serving. Can be served room temperature or chilled.
- Use fresh or frozen cranberries. Do not used dried cranberries - they will not work!
- Use fresh ground spices! Although dried spices will last indefinitely, they do lose their flavor.
- Use fresh orange juice! Store-bought bottled juice just isn't the same. Squeeze your own orange right into the pot.
- Do not overcook! Cooking for too long could cause the sugars to caramelize and burn, leaving you with an off-putting bitter taste. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If you like a sweeter sauce, add a tablespoon or two more of maple syrup. Also, try adding a pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness of the other ingredients.