There are some golden rules when it comes to cooking with CBD. Here’s what we recommend:
- Watch the Temperature: CBD will begin to evaporate at temperatures higher than 160°C (320°F). Do not place your CBD oil on direct heat. Heating the oil at too high temperatures can result in the loss of terpenes, which are compounds that work synergistically with CBD and other phytonutrients found in our product. Heating CBD too high also tends to bring out more of its bitterness.
- Pay Attention to the Dose: Don’t overdo it. Start with just a small amount of CBD oil when you are first starting out using it in your cooking. Never use more than the daily recommended dosage for your product.
- Store Your CBD Correctly: Always store your CBD products in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight and out of the reach of children. The oil is a natural product, and it will begin to settle when stood, therefore, it’s always best to give the bottle a good shake before each use.
- Use High-Quality CBD Oil: quality matters, and there is no substitute for high-quality CBD oil. Look for a reputable brand.
- Start Small: Don’t overdo it. Start with just a small amount of CBD oil when you’re first starting out using it in your cooking.
- Choose the Right Recipes: CBD works best in recipes with some sort of fat in them. (oil, butter…etc.). This is because CBD and other cannabinoids in our oil are fat-loving compounds. You can also add a few drops to your salad dressings, smoothies, lattes and desserts!
At first cooking with CBD can seem daunting. If you're a beginner, we recommended using some of our recommended recipes. However, once you've become a seasoned pro - you can begin to use your CBD oils as just another ingredient in your kitchen cupboard.
Here are some more ways you can use CBD in your ever-day foods and meals:
- In soups, stews, broths, and gravies
- In smoothies, juice, coffee, and tea
- In low-acid sauces, salad dressings, and vinaigrettes
- In icing or frosting and sweet/savoury glazes
- In spreads, dips, and oil drizzles (like on pizza/toast)
- In chocolate and caramel sauces (perfect for #SundaySundaes!)
- In kale chips, dried fruits, and homemade granola bars
Our top tips for cooking with CBD oil have been taken from our ‘Beginner’s Guide to Cooking with CBD’. To learn more about #CookingwithCelticWind, download the full guide here.
Show us your CBD infused recipes on social using the hashtag #CookwithCelticWind – we love seeing and sharing our customers creations!