SPICED SQUASH SOUP WITH CORIANDER CREAM
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 large butternut squash, about 1.2kg, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 800ml hot vegetable stock
- Small handful fresh coriander plus sprigs to garnish
- zest and juice of 1 small unwaxed lemon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- Thinly sliced red chilli to garnish (optional)
- Toasted squash seeds to garnish (optional) see Cook's tip
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Celtic Wind CBD Multi Complex Hemp oil (please use the recommended daily dose)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C/fan 180*C/Gas 6.
- Toss the butternut squash and onions with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large roasting tin and roast for 30 minutes, shaking the tin halfway through cooking until golden and softened.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan and add roasted squash and onion, the garlic and Thai green curry paste and cook over a high heat stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a blender or whizz with a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whizz together the fresh coriander, lemon zest, 1 tbsp lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, CBD oil and seasoning to taste.
- Swirl the crème fraiche and coriander oil through the top of the soup and garnish with coriander sprigs, red chili and toasted seeds if liked.
Make your own toasted squash seeds by washing and discarding the fibres from the squash seeds. Pat dry with kitchen paper and spread out onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a pinch of ras el hanout or smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and roast in a preheated oven 160*C/Fan 140*C/Gas 3 for 8-10 minutes (or until they start to pop) until crisp, golden and toasted.
Celtic Wind Multi Complex Oil (please use the recommended daily dose).