Press Statement: 14.02.2020
CELTIC WIND’S CBD PRODUCTS REMAIN SAFE FOR SALE IN IRELAND
According to the latest FSAI survey of CBD products on Irish shelves
IRELAND. Following the recent CBD survey conducted by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) on Thursday, 13 February 2020, Celtic Wind’s range of CBD products tested clear for any illegal amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content.
From the recent survey by the FSAI, 37% of the products tested contained tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content that exceeded safety limits set by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). THC is the psychoactive substance that provides the "high" experienced by smoking or ingesting cannabis and the EFSA safety limit for this substance is 1µg per kg of body weight per day.
The Irish-owned company has been making CBD products in the Cooley Peninsula, County Louth, since 2012. A seed-to-shelf business, one of only a handful in Europe, it grows and harvests over 500 acres of industrial hemp. As a result, they are able to control the integrity of raw material used and consequently, the safe levels of THC content.
“This is welcome news. We have been calling for better regulation in the industry. We have been in conversation with the FSAI and will continue to work under their guidance” says Paul McCourt, CEO, and founder at Celtic Wind.
The company makes an extensive range of CBD products including food supplements, skincare, and petcare. Uniquely, they use a cold-press technique to make their CBD products. No heat or chemicals are used in this process. Resulting in a 100% natural CBD product that locks-in all the nutritional properties of this ancient crop.
Celtic Wind’s complete range of CBD products remains on sale in Ireland at leading Irish retailers including Boots, Lloyds, Horans, Evergreen, The Health Store and Nourish.
Note to editors:
- Celtic Wind CBD products contain less than 1µg THC per kg of body weight per day. – the safety limit set by Europe.
- Celtic Wind routinely tests with independent laboratories JHG Analytical Services in Ireland and DB Labs in the US, to an internationally recognised standard IS0 17025. This is the gold standard for testing CBD in the US and increasingly in Europe.
- Celtic Wind’s CBD products are legal and can be sold in Ireland, the UK, the US, and the EU, and are fully compliant with the EU Food Supplements Directive 2002/46/EC and Regulation 1169/2011/EU on the Provision of Food Information to Consumers.
- Our CBD products for pets are manufactured under license from the Department of Agriculture in Ireland.
- Celtic Wind is a wholly-owned, family-run business set up by Paul McCourt in 2012.
- Celtic Wind’s website Celtic Wind
For further information contact Celtic Wind Press Office or +353 (0) 1 678 0804