It is imperative for all of us here at Celtic Wind to educate the masses on all things hemp related. So, if you’re getting started on your hemp journey, want to learn more about the plant, or confused and navigating your way through the waters of hemp jargon, our expert hemp team are here to answer some popular questions about the plant.
Keep reading, you might find the answer to your question below!
Is hemp legal in Ireland?
In short, yes. It is completely legal to grow and cultivate hemp in Ireland under license from the Department of Health facilitated by the Health Products Regulatory Authority - certain varieties of hemp can be grown in Ireland. Only crops containing 0.2% of THC and EU-certified seeds are permitted.
Hemp oil colour?
Hemp oil is obtained through the pressing of hemp seeds. Cold-pressed, unrefined and unaltered hemp oil is typically a dark green but holds a lighter green when in light with a nutty aftertaste.
Refined hemp oil is typically colourless, odourless, and tasteless. It is primarily used in beauty products.
Is hemp sticky?
If your hemp flower is sticky to the touch that means it is resinous and therefore laden with cannabinoids such as CBD and THC. Hemp that is sticky still contains a good deal of resin in its trichomes. It is the resin (essential oil) that give hemp flower their sticky, adhesive-like feel.
How expensive is hemp?
The price of hemp and hemp byproducts can vary greatly depending on what steps were undergone before planting, during planting, and after harvesting. All factors considered, it compels customers to pay high prices for hemp products. This is unfortunate, but every time you invest in hemp products, you are contributing to a sector that has a high potential for social well-being.
Here at Celtic Wind, we pride ourselves in supplying top-quality, multi-complex CBD oil to patrons at an affordable price. Click here to see our range of hemp products.
How long does opened hemp oil last?
A general rule of thumb us that hemp oil has a shelf life from 14 months to two years, depending on how the substance is stored. Direct sunlight and warmth are two factors that can cause hemp oil to go bad before its expiration date.
It is best to keep the hemp oil stored in a dark, cool place that is out of direct sunlight. This way you will get more life out of your product.
We hope this helped you answer a few of your hemp related questions. In short, here are the questions wrapped up:
- Is hemp legal in Ireland? Yes, hemp is legal in Ireland under certain circumstances. The plant continues to be regulated.
- What colour is hemp oil? Hemp takes on a darkish green colour that is lighter when held in a light source.
- Is hemp sticky? Yes, hemp is sticky due to the cannabinoids on the plant leaving a resinous, adhesive like substance.
- How expensive is hemp? The price of hemp varies on the input of resources that it relies on to grow. Celtic Wind offers competitive prices for hemp oil - go here to check them out.
- How long does opened hemp last? An opened bottle of hemp would last you 14 months to 2 years before it goes bad.